Forecasting the Procurement of Foods
(4-hour training) General concepts about basic forecasting for the procurement of foods in Child Nutrition Programs are covered during this session. This training does not discuss federal regulations pertaining to the procurement system. Key topic areas:
- Stakeholders’ responsibilities and expectations
- How menus determine goods and services that must be competitively procured
- Inventory management, product movement, and cost management
- Product categories, screening, and specifications
- CN labeling
- Accurate forecasting of products.