December 7, 2019
This course qualifies for SNA core course certification level 1.
This training provides a basic overview of nutrition with an emphasis on the importance of balance in daily food choices and the inclusion of physical activity as a key component to good health. The training incorporates a variety of learning activities including short physical activity boosters. Lesson topics:
- Lesson 1: Nutrition is Important to You!
- Lesson 2: Tools for Guiding Food Choices
- Lesson 3: Macronutrients: The Energy Nutrients
- Lesson 4: Micronutrients: Vitamins and Minerals
- Lesson 5: Special Diets
- Lesson 6: Putting It All Together
- Lesson 7: Nutrition Issues in the Media