Procurement and Inventory Management
March 30 @ 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm CDT
Key Area: 2 (Operations)
USDA Professional Standards Codes: 2400, 2510
This training session will provide an overview of the procurement and inventory management process covering the following topics: stakeholders, good procurement, forecasting and so much more.
At the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Identify the stakeholders in the school nutrition food chain.
- Discuss procurement considerations of a well-planned menu.
- Recognize key information when forecasting menu items usage.
- Discuss product descriptions and create a mock product description.
- Identify various types of acceptable purchasing methods, including Federal procurement regulations, policies, and procedures governing all SNP purchases.
- Identify ethical behaviors.
- Recognize general inventory management practices.