Throughout the spring quarter, Applied Research Division (ARD) researchers engaged in a variety of outreach and professional development activities as ambassadors of ICN. Activities included publications and traveling to several states to present at or to participate in conferences that addressed a diverse spectrum of needs in the field of child nutrition.
During the month of April, activities included the following:
- Kristi Lewis was contributor to an article published in the Journal of Nonprofit & Public Sector Marketing, titled, “Marketing Mechanisms Used for Summer Food Service Programs.”
- April 3-4 – Dr. Kristi Lewis attended the Native American Advisory Committee at ICN in Oxford, MS.
- April 10-13 – Dr. Marjuyua Lartey attended the Major Cities Training Symposium in Tampa, FL.
- April 22-24 – Dr. Kristi Lewis presented at a preconference training session panel titled, “Head Start Success: Meeting Performance Standards.” Dr. Lewis’s portion of the training session was titled, “Utilizing Training to Meet Performance Standards, CACFP, and Licensure Regulations.” This took place at the National CACFP Sponsors Association, Child Nutrition Conference 2019, in Chicago, IL.
During the month of May, outreach activities included:
- May 8-11 – Dr. Marjuyua Lartey attended the School Nutrition Association National Leadership Conference in Sarasota, FL.
- May 10-12 – Dr. Kristi Lewis attended the Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations 2019 Meeting in Philadelphia, MS.