Collection No.: M045
Volume: .25 cu. ft.
Inclusive Dates: 1980-1990s
Bulk Dates: 1986
Copyright: This collection may be protected from unauthorized copying by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code).
Provenance: Donated by Lova Jean Bullman in September, 2004.
Historical /Biographical Sketch: Lova Jean Bullman is Director of Child Nutrition at Dorchester School District Two in South Carolina. She served as President of the South Carolina School Food Service Association 2000-2001. Bullman was one of the foodservice professionals who received 1999 National Foodservice Achievement Excellence honors from FAME. The 10th annual program honored nutrition professionals who “demonstrate high levels of creativity, enthusiasm and dedication,” and the event was held during the opening-night ceremonies at the 1999 American School Food Service Association industry seminar.
Scope and Content: The collection consists of 13 photographs including one 5×7 black and white photo, the remainder are color photographs of events, awards, and training sessions, and are not dated.
Box 1 of 1: 1980-1990s
-Lova Jean Bullman – photographs
- 5×7 black and white photograph of foodservice workers in Halloween costumes, dated 1986.
- 3.5×5 photograph of Bullman presenting “The Order of the Palmetto” to Vivian Pilant.
- 4×6 photograph of Bullman and four others with U. S. Capitol Building in background.
- 4×6 photograph of Bullman and others seated at a table.
- 3.5×5 photograph of Bullman and group outdoors with palm trees.
- 3.5×5 photograph of Elvis impersonator performing on speaker’s platform.
- 3.5×5 photograph of training session.
- 4×6 photograph of women seated in classroom desks.
- Two 3.5×5 photographs of serving meal to young men in military garb.
- Two 3.5×5 photographs of serving meal to children.
- 3.5 inch square photograph of children in kitchen with “Newington Café kitchen tour” written on back.