UCONN Rudd Center for Food Policy and Health
- The WellSAT 3.0 is a wellness policy scoring tool to help you compare your written local school wellness policy to a model policy. It provides a quantitative score that identifies areas of excellence and opportunities to strengthen your written policy.
- The WellSAT-I is an interview tool to help you measure the extent to which your schools are implementing your policy and other wellness-related best practices. It provides a quantitative score that identifies areas of excellence and opportunity to strengthen the wellness practices that are being implemented in your schools.
- By completing both the WellSAT 3.0 and the WellSAT-I, you will be able to describe you district's progress toward achieving the goals in your wellness policy. Specifically, you will be able to identify:
- areas of excellence in both policy and practice;
- current written policies where you need to focus on improving implementation;
- current wellness practices taking place in your schools that you can incorporate into your written wellness policy.
Both tools can be used to complete the Triennial Assessment and are available at https://www.wellsat.org/. Look for the "Triennial Assessment" tab for free instructional videos.