Family Child Care FUNdamentals (1-7 hours)
This session provides short, focused training topics on providing nutritious meals for young children. The updated curriculum includes health and wellness information, creative methods for program planning, the importance of teaching children early about good nutrition, and steps for incorporating physical activity.
- Lesson 1: Health and Wellness
- Lesson 2: Selecting a Variety of Fruits, Vegetables, and Whole Grains
- Lesson 3: Cost-Effective Shopping
- Lesson 4: Food Safety Fundamentals
- Lesson 5: Mealtime Procedures
- Lesson 6: Food Allergies and Intolerances
- Lesson 7: Infants and Development
TARGET AUDIENCE – Family Child Care Providers
Family Child Care FUNdamentals
|Family Child Care FUNdamentals - Instructor's Manual||January 11, 2019||Download|
|Family Child Care FUNdamentals - Participant's Workbook||January 11, 2019||Download|
|Lesson 1 Health and Wellness - Presentation||January 11, 2019||Download|
|Lesson 2 Selecting a Variety of Fruits, Vegestables, and Whole Grains - Presentation||January 11, 2019||Download|
|Lesson 3 Cost-Effective Shopping - Presentation||January 11, 2019||Download|
|Lesson 4 Food Safety Fundamentals -Presentation||January 11, 2019||Download|
|Lesson 5 Mealtime Procedures - Presentation||January 11, 2019||Download|
|Lesson 6 Food Allergies and Intolerances - Presentation||January 11, 2019||Download|
|Lesson 7 Infants and Development - Presentation||January 11, 2019||Download|
What happens next?
After you have entered the information on the Training Request Form, scroll to the bottom and press “Submit.” If your request is successfully transmitted to ICN, you will receive an electronic reply. If you do not receive a reply, please contact ICN.
Three Things to Remember:
- ICN requires at least 8-10 weeks’ advance notice before the training date to schedule and plan a training session.
- ICN Consultant Trainers must train a minimum of 4 hours in a single day.
- A minimum of 25-30 participants is required for ICN to provide a training session.