How To Request Training
The Institute of Child Nutrition (ICN) offers free group training on a broad range of topics for child nutrition professionals working in school nutrition and child care settings. In addition to training sessions at the Institute’s headquarters at The University of Mississippi, training may be requested free-of-charge for presentation at local sites throughout the country.
ICN Face-To-Face Group Training
Who may request free training?
Representatives of State agencies administering child nutrition programs, USDA regional offices, School Nutrition Association state affiliates, CACFP sponsors, and allied organizations (such as ASBO) may request.
What else should I know?
- Trainings must be requested at least 8-10 weeks before the training date.
- Training sessions must be a minimum of 4 hours in a single day.
- The requesting person or agency must provide a training site and basic AV equipment, promote the training, and pre-register a minimum of 25 participants.
- Arrangements for trainers are coordinated by the ICN Training Team.
- Participants’ training materials are provided free-of-charge and shipped to the training site.
Review the training topics listed below. If you want to know more, click on the links for a closer look at the training materials.
I’m ready to submit a request!
When you have decided on a topic, date, and location – you are ready to request a training. Scroll down to the green “Apply Now” button.
Face-to-Face Training Sessions Currently Offered
What happens next?
After you have entered the information on the Training Request Form, scroll to the bottom and press “Submit.” If your request is successfully transmitted to ICN, you will receive an electronic reply. If you do not receive a reply, please contact ICN.
Three Things to Remember:
- ICN requires at least 8-10 weeks’ advance notice before the training date to schedule and plan a training session.
- ICN Consultant Trainers must train a minimum of 4 hours in a single day.
- A minimum of 25-30 participants is required for ICN to provide a training session.