To meet the unique training, technical assistance, and professional development needs of school nutrition managers/site-level supervisors, ICN has launched the School Nutrition S.T.A.R. (Strategies, Trainings, Action Plans, and Resources) initiative to help schools develop goals and best practices to improve program administration and operations.
- 2 ½ day face-to-face workshop
- Virtual instructor-led trainings
- Monthly webinar series
- Spotlight success stories
- Exclusive certificate and designation once all components are successfully completed
In an effort to ensure success, selected managers/site-level supervisors will participate in ongoing activities over a 12-month period which entail:
- Peer-to-peer networking opportunities to discuss real-life strategies of program implementation
- Coaching and facilitation of effective training techniques to conduct trainings for front line staff
- Mentoring by experienced directors within the field
- Assistance with action plan development
- Access to free resources and educational materials
IF YOUR STATE IS SELECTED:
- State Agency will need to communicate the opportunity to school districts (ICN will provide a communication template).
- Managers/Site-level Supervisors will need to apply by Friday, August 24, 2018.
- Managers/Site-Level Supervisors must have director/supervisor approval through the application form process.
- ICN will identify 60 managers from the selected state (reserving 30 spots for small/rural district representatives).
- Managers/Site-Level Supervisors will be required to travel to ICN in Oxford, Mississippi, October 9-12, 2018 (ICN will reimburse participant travel according to ICN’s travel policies).
The STAR workshops will be open to all states once the program is fully launched.